Written by locals, Fodor’s Essential Italy annual travel guidebook offers expert advice and insider tips for all tastes and budgets. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease and make the most out of their visit to Italy. Join Fodor’s in exploring one of the most exciting and delicious countries in Europe.
With inviting full-color photos, this updated Fodor’s Essential Italy edition deep dives into everything that visitors adore―from the Emilia-Romangna’s delicious food and wine scene to Rome’s historic art and architecture, as well as Tuscany’s glorious hill towns, the Amalfi Coast’s spectacular views, Milan’s famed shopping districts, and much more.
Fodor’s Essential Italy 2019 includes:
- Fodor’s Essential Italy provides thorough, insightful coverage to this year-after-year top European destination. Dozens of scintillating new reviews are sure to entice first-time and even longtime visitors to hotels and restaurants scattered throughout Rome, Venice, and Florence. Establishments in farther-flung cities and towns are also given their due, and this guide continues to feature rich coverage of the now-trendy southern Italy destinations in Puglia, Calabria, and Basilicata. Updated annually to ensure the best and most relevant content.
•ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE:
- A brief introduction and spectacular color photos capture the ultimate experiences and attractions throughout Italy.
•GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES:
- Multiple full-color features bring the many sides of Italy to vibrant life. Included among the photogenic array of riches are the ancient ruins of Rome; the scenic glory of the Cinque Terre; a detailed guide to Pompeii; Venice’s Grand Canal; and more.
•ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Sample itineraries help you plan and make the most of your time. We include tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports, and the outdoors. Fodor’s Choice designates our best picks in every category.
•INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS:
- Convenient overviews show each region and its notable highlights. Chapter planning sections provide knowledgeable guidance for making the most of your time, with top tips on getting from cities to countryside villages. Enticing cuisine highlights are given in each regional chapter.
•PULLOUT MAP & DETAILED STREET MAPS THROUGHOUT:
- A handy pull-out map of Rome provides essential information so you can travel with confidence. Regional and neighborhood street maps throughout the guide will help you get around.
- Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Lake Como, Tuscany, Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Sicily, and more.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts.
Planning to focus on just some Italy destinations? Check out Fodor’s Rome, Fodor’s Florence and Tuscany, and Fodor’s The Amalfi Coast, Capri & Naples.